Innovation & Technology Management (MA)
The aim of the programme is to educate specialists who are able to implement ICT solutions to management processes of enterprises and thus help companies to grow through more added value created. Qualified students should have a bachelor's degree in economy or ICT related field.
We welcome students who would not only like to be programmers or system managers but are also interested in management, innovation and entrepreneurship. We can also turn it other way around – students who already have interest in latter but would like to know more about implementing ICT solutions to those processes.
Upon completion the curriculum successfully, a student:
- has a systemic overview of innovation theories and innovation policy
- has deep knowledge in some field of research and/or application of innovation or technology management
- is independently able to identify and formulate research questions in the field of innovation and technology management as well as find suitable methods to answer those
- is able to collect, analyse and interpret data of company from strategic and operational level using suitable methods and evaluation criteria to measure productivity of the company
- is able to use different methods to analyse company business processes to propose improvements and to measure implementation efficency
- is able to do business with digital products and manage those
- is familiar with developments in technology and has a positive attitude towards life-long learning
- is collaborative and can communicate with diferent stakeholders, is able to lead meetings and workshops
After graduation, students have an opportunity to work as innovation or process managers in any company that is already implementing or planning to implement ICT solutions in their processes. Students also have the ability to start their own company, especially as a consultation business in implementing ICT solutions, or work in public sector in the filed of innovation policy or digitalisation. Student can also continue their studies at PhD level.
|Title||Innovation and Technology Management|
|Level of study||Master's studies|
|Degree awarded||Master of Arts in Social Sciences (Innovation and Technology Management)|
|Faculty||Faculty of Social Sciences, School of Economics and Business Administration|
|Study form||Full-time regular studies|
|Tuition fee||3400 euros per year|
|Scholarships||22 tuition-waiver scholarships available, other scholarship opportunities|
Ask a student
"Estonia is famous for its high level of education system. There are several universities, which are positioned on the top places in the world universities rankings. One of the main reasons why I chose Estonia is that it is one of the affordable countries in Europe. After I started studying here, I learned more about Estonian culture and traditions, which was really awesome."
Lasha, International Student Ambassador from Georgia
Contact International Student Ambassadors to ask about the life in Tartu.
"I am very pleased to see that the University of Tartu, my alma mater, is offering this new Master's degree course.
This is "ICT plus", teaching not only raw technology but also how to make the best of use of it in a business environment. Today, digital skills are a basic requirement for people to get ahead in society as well as in the modern workplace. People increasingly need and rely on ICT - whether programmers, software developers or digital enthusiasts keen to start their own tech business.
This course takes digital skills to the next level – into management; using innovation to create the competitive companies of tomorrow, small and large.
As we build a Digital Single Market in Europe, it is essential for digital technologies to be fully integrated into industry, business and public services. This international course will develop and nurture our innovation and ICT managers of the future, in Estonia and beyond."
Andrus Ansip, Vice President for the Digital Single Market in the European Commission