13th SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE ON ECONOMIC POLICY
University of Tartu, Chair of Economic Policy and Economic Research, Consulting and Training Company Mattimar Ltd are organizing in cooperation with Tallinn Technical University, Chair of Regional Policy, University of Leipzig, Institute of Economic Policy and University of Applied Sciences of Kiel, Department of Macroeconomics and Economic Policy the 13th international scientific conference on ECONOMIC POLICY in Tartu and Värska, Republic of Estonia, June 30 – July 2, 2005.
Organizers welcome to participate in the conference economists, researchers, graduate and undergraduate students. There is planned to publish and deliver the collection of presentations and articles before the conference. Working languages of the conference are Estonian, German and English, and there is organized translation between Estonian and German. Traditionally conference includes the culture and sightseeing program.
The conference work is organized in the following six workshops:
1. Macroeconomic policy (monetary and fiscal policy)
2. International economic policy
3. Labor and social policy
4. Regional policy
5. Sectoral economic policy
6. Microeconomic policy or entrepreneurship policy.
The articles will be pre-reviewed anonymously by experts from University of Tartu, Tallinn Technical University and University of Leipzig.
The authors are kindly asked to inform the organizers about their decisions in taking into account the reviewer’s opinion by sending the e-mail to the following address: ulle [dot] maidla [ät] ut [dot] ee.
A. REGISTRATION AND CONFERENCE FEES
The deadline for participation registration is February 10, 2005.
1. Participation fees (include the accommodation in Värska, but do not include the bank transfer costs).
a) Participant who wish to publish the article in the collection and submit it inregistration:
The bank transfer until February 10, 2005 = 2500.-
The bank transfer after February 10, 2005 = 2800.- EEK
b) Participants who do not issue their article may register by May 1, 2005 and conference fee will be= 3000.- EEK
c) Price discount for students =500.- EEK
· In case the article will be not accepted (after reviewing and if the author would not like to participate in the conference) the 75% of participation fee will be repaid. If the author is going to participate in conference no additional payment required.
· Fee will be not repaid in case of giving up the participation in conference.
· Articles submitted after February 25, 2005 will be not accepted because of technical reasons.
· The current information letter would serve as invoice, therefore organizers do not send invoice in general.
2. Traveling costs to Tartu and from Tartu as also for catering in Värska should be covered by participants. The catering in Värska (breakfast, lunch and dinner) is approx. 160-180.- EEK per day.
The conference fee can be paid to the following account
UNION BANK OF ESTONIA (SWIFT: EEUH EE2X) (code 401), (9 Küüni Street, 50099, Tartu, Estonia)
Account holder: University of Tartu (Reg. No 74001073),
Keyword: SMJRI 171 (Economic Policy Conference), Account No 10102000234007
The articles for the conference up to 8 pages, including introduction and summary, in Estonian, German or English should be submitted by February 10, 2005 to the following address ulle [dot] maidla [ät] ut [dot] ee.
Every author is responsible for the correctness of her or his article, there will be not any editing by the conference organizers.
In article the following requirements should be followed:
- Use Word document in format A5 (14.9 x 21 cm);
- Use page format: Top 1.8 cm, Bottom 2 cm, Inside 2.5 cm, Outside 1.5 cm,
Header 1.25 cm, Footer 1.25 cm;
- Use Single-spaced;
- Text font size 9 pt; page numbers size 9 pt;
- Footnotes 8 pt; text font size in tables not less than 8 pt;
- Font Times New Roman;
- Text should be formatted Justify (from edge to edge);
· Figures and tables in text in their place, not in additional page or fail. Use for the drawings Excel, Powerpoint or other additional commands from Word under Insert > Object. Do not use the colors, because the color print is not available. For Excel drawings do not use the grey background;
- The title of the article in the center of the page – in capital letters (Bold), after that the empty row;
- then in small letters the first name and surname (not in Bold) and then organization, and after that empty row;
- text without the paragraphs, between the sections empty space (9 pt), subtitles line in left and write in small letters in Bold, between the subtitle and text should be one empty row;
- the page numbers start from the first page and are in the center of the page bottom;
- at the end of the text title References (in Bold, lined in left side). All the references numbered (after number full stop), authors in Bold;
- Designing the summary please tape in Bold with small letters title Kokkuvõte, Zusammenfassung or Summary depending on used language for summary and line it in left side; then one empty row and the title of the article in capital letters (not in Bold), after that one empty row and in the center in small letters the first name and surname and under it in the center the organization, empty row and then the text of the summary:
a) In case if the article is in Estonian 1 page summary in German or English;
b) In case if the article is in German 1 page summary in Estonian or English;
c) In case if the article is in English 1 page summary in Estonian or German.
- References to publications should be in the text. Mark the author and year of the edition.
On behalf of the organizers
Professor Jüri Sepp
Dean of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration
University of Tartu
Dr. Matti Raudjärv
Initiator of the conference series and organizer-coordinator
GSM + 372 56666 357